1. How does Cerulean Studios protect my privacy?
2. How does Cerulean Studios protect my Trillian Account Password?
We require all Trillian Account Passwords to be a minimum of 8 characters and encourage the selection of a strong password during the account registration process. The plaintext version of your password is never stored on our servers; instead, we derive a key using your password and the PBKDF2 HMAC-SHA1 key derivation function and store the result for authentication purposes.
3. How can I delete my Trillian Account and all associated cloud history?
To delete your account, sign in to the account management tools available on our website and select the delete account option. When you delete your account, you will no longer be able to sign in and all conversation history and third-party account information you may have stored with us will be automatically deleted.
4. How can I learn more about the Trillian IM protocol?
We are working on the process of documenting the Trillian IM protocol. If you're a geek or are otherwise interested in learning about our protocol when documentation becomes available, send us an email.
5. Are the instant messages I send through Trillian encrypted?
All Trillian clients prefer the use of TLS whenever available. At the present time, the Trillian network, AIM, Google Talk, Facebook Chat, Skype, and most XMPP connections use TLS by default.
6. Why does Gmail warn me about my account being accessed from ceruleanstudios.com?
When you use a version of Trillian for Mobile Devices, our servers connect to Google Talk on your behalf. Occasionally, Google will determine that the physical location of our servers is far enough away from your location to warrant showing you a warning. We only connect to your account with your permission and only using Google's sanctioned XMPP protocol for Google Talk. Our servers do not access your Gmail account or interface with your mail.
7. Why did I lose all of my account information after I reset my password?
Your third-party account information is stored on our servers in an encrypted format. When you lose or forget your Trillian Account Password, you're also losing your ability to decrypt your third-party account information. Because we don't store your password on our servers, we also have no way to recover this data for you.
8. How can I contact Cerulean Studios with additional questions or concerns?
You can contact us anytime through email.