Understanding presence colors and shapes
Trillian represents the various presence states of your contacts using a combination of shapes and colors:
- Online, represented by a full green circle. Online users are generally available for conversations.
- Away, represented by a full orange triangle. Away users have either stepped away from their devices intentionally or automatically, and will often set a status message to let you know why.
- Do not disturb, represented by a full red square. This is an explicitly set state meaning the user wishes not to be interrupted. Users in this state won't hear sounds or see notifications from Trillian, including when attempting to reach them through buzzing or @mentions.
- Invisible, represented by the outline of a green circle. If a user goes invisible, they will normally appear offline to you. The exception is when someone adds you to their allow list, meaning you are allowed to see them when they go invisible. In this case the green circle outline will appear to you.
- Offline, represented by a grey X. The user is offline and not available for chat, or has gone invisible and is hiding from the world.
|Because client preferences allow users to appear online even if they're away from their devices, use presence as a best-effort method of ascertaining a user's actual availability. If you can't reach someone who is appearing online, don't forget to use common sense before screaming at them for ignoring you! |